Overview of Connector Types
The following types of connectors can be configured in any instances of the HubStor Connector Service (HCS). They are available from the drop-down menu when clicking the 'Add Connector' button (pictured below).
- Azure Blob Storage -- For capturing data directly from Blob Storage. (supporting article pending)
- Amazon S3 -- The S3 connector provides the ability for HubStor to crawl the folders and files from an S3 bucket, and capture those files based on the usual metadata (size, type, last modified) into HubStor. Like Azure blob storage, last accessed is not available in S3. (supporting article pending)
- Centera -- The EMC Centera connector will allow for directly ingesting data from a Centera device (supporting article pending)
- Eml/MsgFile -- For archiving of .EML or .MSG files residing on a file share with smart message processing. This connector type is intended for email archive migrations and/or ingestion of SMTP Journaling feeds. (supporting article pending)
- Exchange/Exchange Online -- For archiving or backup via Exchange Web Services (EWS) of mailboxes hosted in Office 365 or on premise Exchange Server 2010, 2013, or 2016. For more information, see HOW TO CREATE CONNECTORS FOR OFFICE 365 / EXCHANGE MAILBOXES.
- Files -- For archiving or backup of Windows/CIFS/NFS file storage. For more information, see HOW TO CREATE CONNECTORS FOR FILES.
- FTP -- For capturing data directly from an FTP server. (supporting article pending)
- O365 Audit Log -- For harvesting the event history data from Office 365's unified audit log. For more information, see How To Create an O365 Audit Log Connector
- PST Files -- For deep processing of PST files whereby
the contents are extracted as folders and individual message items with
smart processing of the message recipients and metadata. HCS processes
any PSTs in the configured path with the smart message extraction. (supporting article pending)
- SharePoint/SPO/Groups/OneDrive for Business/Teams -- For harvesting various types of Site Collections from Office 365 or SharePoint on-premises versions 2010 and up. (supporting article pending)
- SFTP -- For capturing data directly from an SFTP server. (supporting article pending)
How to Create Connectors for Office 365 / Exchange Mailboxes
This article describes how to configure settings specific to Exchange/Exchange Online connectors within the General and Advanced tabs of the connector properties. EWS connectors can be used to capture user mailboxes and public folders from Office ...
Prepare Office 365 for HubStor
Please contact email@example.com if you require any assistance in executing these steps. Overview of the HubStor Connector Service (HCS) The HCS is software that is deployed to provide policy-based archiving to your HubStor cloud tenant. The HCS ...
How to Define Item Types in HubStor
Each Stor has a metadata configuration where you can define the item type groupings. For more information on the purpose of item types, see WHAT ARE ITEM TYPES AND HOW DOES HUBSTOR USE THEM? To view or modify a Stor's item type configuration, follow ...
Overview of a Connector Delete Policy
This article describes the purpose of a Connector Delete Policy, which is found on the properties of a connector. It is highly recommended to take precautions when using a Delete Policy. As indicated, this policy is deleting original source data. ...
How To Create Connectors In HubStor
This article describes the process of how to create connectors in the HubStor Connector Service (HCS). Add Connector In the HubStor Connector Service (HCS) app, go to 'Connectors' and click 'Add Connector '. In the drop-down, select the type ...