How to Use Auditing in HubStor
In HubStor, all activity is always audited.
To access, interrogate, and export auditing information, follow these steps:
Step 1 -- Navigate to Auditing
In the HubStor Admin Portal, select 'Administration
' and then select 'Auditing
Step 2 -- Select the Type of Auditing
HubStor separates activity information into different categories:
- Administrator -- All activities performed by administrative and privileged users in the HubStor Admin Portal.
- Item Actions -- Activities performed by the system that affect your data (PII detection, indexing, retention errors).
- End User Retrieval -- All retrieval activities
performed by end users, including external users that may be accessing
content that's been shared, whether the retrieval occur via a stub, the
HubStor User Portal, or a search.
- End User Sharing -- All sharing activities performed by end users, whether internally or externally.
There is also:
- Blocked Activity -- To see user activities that have been blocked because of DLP policies, see HOW TO INTERROGATE END USER ACTIVITIES IN HUBSTOR.
- Deletion Activity -- For defensible deletion (to see the history of actual deletion activity), see HOW TO VIEW DATA DELETION HISTORY IN HUBSTOR.
Step 3 -- Add and Apply Filters
In any of the activity types, you add and apply filters the same way.
Step through each filter to make sure it is scoped the way you like.
When ready, click the 'Apply Filters
' button to run the query and see what results may exist.
Step 4 -- Export
If you ever need, audit information is easily exported. Click the 'Export
' button to see a list of available export formats. Select the desired format and the export will run immediately.
How to Install and Configure the HubStor Connector Service (HCS)
If you have access to the HubStor Admin Portal, you can download the HubStor Connector Service installer by going to 'Administration' and then 'Tools & Utilities'. Step 1 -- Run the Installer Open the HCS installer file ...
How to Interpret HubStor Invoices
First, thank you for being a HubStor customer! This article shows you how to dissect and reverse engineer the numbers in a HubStor invoice. Before we walk through a few examples, here are some essentials you need to know: HubStor invoices are posted ...
Overview of the HubStor Connector Service (HCS)
The HCS is software that is deployed behind your firewall to provide policy-based archiving to your HubStor cloud tenant. The HCS runs on a Windows VM, uses a service account, and can be installed and configured in minutes. With the HCS installed, ...
HubStor Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
1. GENERAL This Acceptable Use Policy (the “AUP”) specifies various requirements and restrictions for the responsible use of the HubStor service (collectively, the “Service”) provided by HubStor and/or its affiliated companies and subsidiaries ...
What Are 'Item Types' and How Does HubStor Use Them?
Item types are simply file extensions, and HubStor allows you to group them together into 'Item Types'. Example: The following file extensions all represent a similar type of content: .mov .wmv .mp4 .m4v Which we can map into an 'Item Type' grouping. ...